Architecture (Course 4)
Summer Session Representative
No regular classes are offered by the Department of Architecture during the summer term.
Current MIT students can take arranged-unit subjects such as UROP, Practical Experience, Research, Independent Study, Thesis Preparation, or Thesis during the Summer Session by prior arrangement with a faculty member.
The following pre-thesis research subjects have subsidized tuition:
- 4.189 Preparation for MArch Thesis
- 4.288 Preparation for SMArchS Thesis
- 4.299 Summer Research Topics
- 4.388 Preparation for SMACT Thesis
- 4.488 Preparation for SMBT Thesis
- 4.489 Preparation for Building Technology PhD Thesis
- 4.589 Preparation for Design and Computation PhD Thesis
- 4.689 Preparation for History, Theory, and Criticism PhD Thesis
The following practical experience subjects are available for registration:
- 4.090 Practical Experience in Architecture for Undergraduates
- 4.190 Practical Experience in Architecture (graduate students)
See Tuition for details of the policy concerning these subjects.