Information Systems and Technology
Wherever and whenever members of the MIT community have computing issues and needs, MIT Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) can provide advice and support. Phone and email help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from IS&T’s Service Desk.
- Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Google G-Suite
- MATLAB, Maple, and Mathematica
- Zoom and Webex for video conferencing
- Slack Enterprise Grid for collaboration
- GitHub Enterprise for software code management
- Sophos and CrowdStrike for anti-virus and advanced threat protection
- LastPass Enterprise for password management
- CrashPlan for backups
Self-help is available through the Knowledge Base (KB), MIT’s searchable database of IT information. There you’ll find more than 12,000 articles of how-tos and FAQs on almost any topic about IT at MIT.
IS&T’s Security Team provides information and tools for secure computing and protecting your devices, data, and personal information. The team manages MIT’s security infrastructure systems and proactively responds to threats detected by our systems and those reported by community members.
IS&T supports and maintains all of the Institute’s core IT systems, including Stellar and Canvas for learning and course management, MITnet, email, and the MIT VPN for securely connecting to Institute resources from remote locations.
New students at the Institute will find the guide to getting started with IT at MIT a helpful starting point.