Career Advising and Professional Development
Career Advising and Professional Development helps MIT students, recent alumni, and postdocs find jobs and internships, explore career options, and apply to graduate and professional schools. The office is located in E17-294 and can be reached by email or by phone at 617-715-5329.
All students are encouraged to make use of Career Advising and Professional Development services early and often. These include:
- Counseling on career issues, including researching careers, finding jobs and internships, networking, and negotiating job offers
- Advice on applying to graduate and professional schools
- Guided self-assessments and career exploration
- Resume, cover letter, CV, and personal statement review
- Mock interviews for employment and graduate school
- Career fair and networking preparation
- Workshops and events on career paths
- Job postings for internships and full-time opportunities
- On-campus recruiting and interviews
Many of these services can be accessed via Handshake, Career Advising and Professional Development's online career tool for signing up for appointments, registering for events, and searching job postings.
Prehealth Advising, part of Career Advising and Professional Development and located in Room E17-294, supports students interested in exploring and applying to health professional schools. There is no required major for admission to health professional schools; however, schools do require applicants to complete a number of science and writing subjects prior to admission. Students should visit the website for information on admissions criteria, the application process, and services provided.