Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences (Course 12)
Summer Session Representative
Room 54-910, 617-253-3380
No regular classes are offered by the Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences during the summer term.
Current MIT students can take arranged-unit subjects such as UROP, Special Studies, Research, Internship, Co-op, Independent Study, Thesis Preparation, or Thesis during the Summer Session by prior arrangement with a faculty member.
The following pre-thesis research subjects have subsidized tuition:
- 12.460, 12.461 Current Research in Geology and Geochemistry
- 12.580, 12.581 Current Research in Geophysics
- 12.690, 12.691 Current Research in Planetary Science
- 12.721 Current Research in Marine Geology and Geophysics at Woods Hole
- 12.722 Current Research in Chemical Oceanography at Woods Hole
- 12.730, 12.731 Current Research in Marine Geology and Geophysics at MIT
- 12.735, 12.736 Current Research in Chemical Oceanography at MIT
- 12.960, 12.961 Current Research in Physical Oceanography at MIT
- 12.970, 12.971 Current Research in Physical Oceanography at Woods Hole
- 12.980, 12.981 Current Research in Atmospheric Science
- 12.982, 12.983 Current Research in Climate Physics and Chemistry
See Tuition for details of the policy concerning these subjects.